Craving something sweet and refreshing? Maybe something charred and fresh off the grill? We get it. It’s summertime and that means you’re entitled to be picky about what food you’re craving. If you’re anything like us, you want to take advantage of those warm summer days and nights outside, sipping something cold and eating something tasty.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite summer foods so that you can get those creative juices flowing and get to cooking!
Here’s how to munch your way through the rest of summer:
Best Summer Fruits:
◦ A tart, but sweet blast to the flavonoids are are great way to start that summer picnic basket.
◦ Isn’t there something so purely summer about peaches? In a pie or in your hand, they seem to hold up no matter what the conditions.
◦ Collected for morning flapjacks, midday smoothie, or sunset cocktail, adding blueberries to any occasion is always a treat.
◦ You didn’t think we’d forget about the quintessential sunshine fruit, did you? Cutting up some beautiful watermelon is as harmonious to summertime as the sun itself.
Best Grilling Foods:
◦ Doesn’t matter the sausage, it could be a plain old hot dog to a nice bratwurst with spicy mustard. You can’t go wrong with a grilled sausage with your favorite fix-ins on a nice bun.
◦ Get ready to get those hands dirty, because chowing down on a slab of BBQ ribs is what you’ve been waiting all day for. Low and slow, and don’t forget to add a nice crispy char to those bad boys at the end.
- Corn on the cob
◦ Veggies can get great on the grill too! We don’t discriminate, and that’s why a nice charred corn on the cob can really hit the sweet spot. Oh, and if you’re feeling generous, a dollop of butter doesn’t hurt either.
◦ While not to be enjoyed every night you want to grill, mainly for your wallets sake, a nice grilled steak with veggies and a potato can really hit the spot for when you’re feeling good about yourself. Be liberal with your salt people!
◦ Once again, we couldn’t forget about our old faithful. Burgers and watermelon might be the most packed foods for a BBQ day. There’s a reason for that, and will let you remind yourself of that next time you enjoy your sunny day.